Infrared Imaging News is a newsletter dedicated to providing the most up-to-date "insider's view" on the business and technology of Infrared Imaging, Thermal Imaging, Infrared Thermography and FLIRs in Industry, Medicine, Defense and Space. Broad coverage of all aspects of this fast-paced technology includes the following:
- Company News - the latest on the suppliers of infrared imaging components and systems, including profitability, mergers & acquisitions, strategies and new products.
- Military Contracts and Applications - who is working on what under government contract. Early notice of newly awarded government contracts and solicitations for new contracts. Infrared Imaging News also provides details on the types of infrared detectors and systems used in military applications.
- International News - including news of international suppliers of infrared imaging systems, new international systems procurement and market opportunities.
- Technology Development - leading-edge Research & Development results. The status of cooled Focal Plane Arrays (FPAs): Mercury Cadmium Telluride (MCT), Indium Antimonide, QWIPs (Quantum Well Infrared Photodetectors), Type 2 Superlattice (T2SL), nBn, XBn, Extrinsic Silicon and others. High Operating Temperature (HOT) FPAs. Short-wave (SWIR) FPAs made of InGaAs, MCT and T2SL. Smart FPAs and Multispectral Imaging Systems. Uncooled Focal Plane Arrays: VOx, TiOx and Amorphous Silicon Microbolometers. Novel Uncooled sensors, Colloidal Quantum Dots (CQD) and potentially disruptive technologies. Digital-pixel Read-Out Integrated Circuits (DROICs).
- Commercial Applications - new applications in smartphone thermal imaging and self-driving cars. Traditional applications in Predictive Maintenance, Building inspection, Quality & Process Control, R&D, Nondestructive Testing, Night Vision, Security, Firefighting, Law Enforcement, Automotive Night Vision and Pedestrian Detection Systems, Aircraft Enhanced Vision (EVS) and many others.
- Medical Applications - including Breast Cancer Diagnosis, Coronary Bypass Surgery, Infrared Imaging Spectroscopy, OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) and many other emerging applications.
- Military Applications - including Night Vision, Surveillance, Piloting, Targeting, Infrared Search and Track (IRST), Fused Thermal/Low-Light-Level Goggles, Fire Control, Missile Seekers, Smart Munitions and Strategic Missile Defense Systems.
In each of these areas exclusive details about company participants and systems are provided that do not appear elsewhere in trade publications or the Internet.
View the headlines from the latest issue